COVID-19: What Is DIA Doing?
- We’re holding our regular board meetings and committee meetings online.
- We’re continuing to recruit for new board members–and we’re happy to announce four new appointments: Marjorie Jones, Ben Stein-Lobovits, Paul Epstein, and Kevin Whittinghill. If you’re interested in applying, please contact email@example.com
- The community meeting originally scheduled for April 1, and then postponed to June 3, has now been cancelled. At this point, we can’t be sure when our next event will happen. Check here for updates.
- The Dimond Park Picnic (with Circus Bella), traditionally held in July, is likely to be cancelled.
- Oaktoberfeest will not be the traditional, large-scale event this year. We are looking at alternatives that still offer something to the community and keep the Oaktoberfest spirit alive.
- We’re continuing to fund the paid litter pick-up in the commercial area five days a week, but our Saturday and Wednesday volunteer pick-ups (and Mondays in the park) have been cancelled. Plans for the annual Keep Dimond Clean fundraiser are underway, launch date to be announced.
- We’re looking for volunteers to weed tree wells in the commercial area, which had become overgrown with the winter rains. We’re happy that some 16 wells have been or will be weeded, but there are many more to go. See details here.