COVID-19: What Is DIA Doing?
- We’re holding our regular board meetings and committee meetings online. See minutes.
- In June, DIA members voted in an online board election, and the board elected new officers in July: Ryan Romaneski, chair; Julie Johnson, treasurer; Paul Epstein, recorder. See board bios (scroll down page)
- Our usual bi-monthly community meetings in the library have been suspended, but we’ve moved into the Zoom format. Check for next events.
- Oaktoberfest will not be the traditional, large-scale event this year. We are looking at alternatives that still offer something to the community and keep the Oaktoberfest spirit alive. Stay tuned.
- We’re continuing to fund the paid litter pick-up in the commercial area five days a week, but our Saturday and Wednesday volunteer pick-ups have been suspended for the time being. Our Monday morning park litter pick-ups are happening; email email@example.com if you would like to help.
- We organized a tree-well weeding opportunity for individuals and households and, so far, have seen more than 30 wells transformed from raggedly to respectable. There are more to go, and we’d love more help. See details.